Friday, May 6, 2011

Video Collage

In my video art piece I wanted to bring to light the less than respectful, chaotic behavior that has become a social norm and even praised as a result of what is seen on reality television. People go on these shows act like complete fools and are getting paid millions. When did this happen? Although these shows can be entertaining I still think that the idea that I have gone to college and am working extremely hard to make a life for myself but I will probably never be as wealthy as these people is nauseating. The actual execution of this project was pretty difficult for me. I had never used Imovie before... and I couldn't even figure out how to download the movie in the right format at first. However, I did figure things out in the end and I think my project went pretty well. :)

4 comments:

  1. It's sad when you see the truth doesn't it? But you know these people could also help at the same time. Think of how Jon Stewart (probably spelled his name wrong) makes a living. He literally makes fun of this type shows and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great statement on the perversity of our society that reality tv is successful. I guess I'm the odd one that refuses to watch any of it. I know a guy who writes for television and movies and a few years ago when there was a writers strike the tv networks answer to fill their programming schedule was to have more reality tv. He said that reality tv was destroying writers.
    I find it really sad that people doing reality tv make such absurd amounts of money, but then tv and movie actors are seriously overpaid too and not to dis sports but those guys really get paid too much. Anyway, you picked a good topic to cover and selected perfect clips to get your point across. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing job. im going to be one of the few people richer than snooki though. i already have it planned. great message. sad message, but a great message to send that opens our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me feel crazy to know that these buffoons rake in cash by acting like idiots! I thought you presented you idea in a clear, concise, and interesting way!

    ReplyDelete